Saturday, June 30, 2012

Activity

Here is an activity that I have always found helpful.
Imagine the people (of the same gender) that you love or admire most in your life.



Now would you love a single one of them more if they were skinnier? 

Would you ever take your best friend and deprive her of food? Make her throw up? Force her on a scale every day? Would you send her to the gym for hours? Would you treat her the way you treat your body?

In treatment sometimes I had to pretend that I was feeding a friend by eating. When I was feeling the desire to purge, I would imagine that by making myself throw up, I was actually forcing my best friend to do it. It was effective because I couldn't imagine putting someone through that. So why was I so willing to do it to myself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment