Saturday, June 30, 2012

Introduction

The short version- I developed an eating disorder when I was thirteen and it continued until I went to treatment at nineteen. After a year in treatment I started living my life dedicated to recovery.
I am hoping to bring hope and awareness to those out there who continue to struggle from this ugly disease and their loved ones.
When I was in treatment it felt like there was no one who had gone through what I was going through. It didn't seem that there was anyone in the whole world who was able to beat the same monster I was fighting.
As terrifying as it was to leave my eating disorder, it was the best and hardest thing I ever did.

I am happy to answer questions, give advice, but it is important to remember that just as every person is different- every eating disorder is different, and every journey to recovery is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment