Saturday, June 30, 2012

Goals






What are your goals?

For many years my new year's resolution was to be skinny.

 I hear the conversations about goals popping up everywhere. They are often about weight.
"My goal is to lose thirty pounds in the year 2012."
"My goal is to be a size four again."
"My goal is to be able to fit in my wedding dress."

What I would LOVE to hear:
"My goal is to spend at least 30 hours at the animal shelter in the next year."
"My goal is to go to school again."
"My goal is to recapture the love for my husband that I had on my wedding day."

I had a conversation with my good friend yesterday about the difference between health and weight. I feel like America is obsessed with being SKINNY, not with being HEALTHY.
I want to be healthy. I want to exercise and eat in a way that nourishes my body. I want to eat vegetables because they help my body, not because I want to lose weight. I want to jog with my dogs because I enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing by, not because I want to lose weight.

So, I encourage all of you to think about what your goals are... and then if they need it- refocus them on being a HEALTHIER, happier, better you- NOT a skinnier you.

No comments:

Post a Comment